“Since 1978, the East Bay Express has been the region’s leading voice in investigative long-form journalism and arts and culture coverage.
The East Bay Express is the local alternative to mainstream media.
- We seek to promote truth, expose wrongdoing, and give voice to the voiceless.
- We are dedicated to local arts and culture.
- We aim for the highest standards in our journalism and business practices.
- As an independent local business, we want to help improve the East Bay economy and environment.
- The Express provides a diverse work atmosphere where employees are respected and developed.
As one of the last bastions of in-depth local reporting, the Express has proven an indispensable asset to the community, one that has doggedly investigated local issues that no other journalism organization covers nearly as comprehensively or with as much impact.We inform and engage our community in a way that is essential to a healthy democracy.
Reporters and editors at the Express also take great care in approaching controversial topics with objectivity and fairness.
The Express is delivered more than 700 locations, from Richmond to San Leandro and in-between. Find a copy of the latest issue here, and thanks for supporting local journalism! Papers delivered by bicycle courtesy of Pedal Express!